Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Project Lion

DragonFyre meanders to the closet in the corner of the room. When she opens it, she's met with a face full of sparkle. The light hits a silver dress and nearly blinds her. When she thinks she can see again, she slowly removes the dress from the closet. She gasps as she feels the soft fabric. It glides smoothly under her hands. She quickly puts it on. The dress fits her perfectly. She twirls a few times in front of the mirror and laughs. "I look like a snowflake!" she exclaims. DragonFyre bushes her hair out and pulls it into a ponytail, then curls it. She grabs a silver ribbon that was hanging from the dress and twirls it around the ponytail holder. She looks at herself in the mirror again. "Now the only thing that's missing is..." She searches around the dresser until she finds the perfect accessory: silver earrings that hang down to her shoulder. "Amazing. I always dreamed of wearing this dress. I thought it was the most beautiful thing when I first saw it back in '08. No dress since has been more beautiful." She arranges her make-up the opens the door. She is hit by a wave of chatter and the scent of delicious food. She follows the noise into a grand dining hall. An empty chair is at the head of the table, with Sapphire and RiverFlyte on either side of it. When they see her, everyone is silent. Sapphire and RiverFlyte exchange a look, then RiverFlyte gets up, walks over to her and bows.
"Agent DragonFyre, your highness." His words hit her like a freight train. He kisses her hand and she curtsies back. He leads her to the empty chair. As she sits, everyone looks at her expectantly. All the color drains from her face. She glances over at RiverFlyte. He flips his hand palm up. She quickly flips her palm to face her. It glows blue for only an instance, not enough for anyone to see, and writing appears. She reads the words out loud, "I, Agent DragonFyre, regent until the return of TrailBlaiser, welcome you to tonight's formal dinner in honor of my arrival." Everyone seems satisfied and begins eating. Sapphire smiles at her. DragonFyre smiles back.
"You know. TrailBlaiser once told me the story of that dress. She wore it in RiverFlyte's realm, at a MidWinter's Day Ball. hosted by the princess." Sapphire comments. A thought dawns on DragonFyre.
"Sep?" she asks. "Why did you adress me as 'your highness'?" RiverFlyte takes a sip of water before answering.
"TrailBlaiser is called the Princess of the Realm Travelers. She made it up after deciding that military tittles were not 'fantasy' enough. Technically though, if she's a princess, and, as you said, she's like your daughter, does that make you Queen?" he replies.
"Heck if I know." she states. Sapphire lightly tapps DragonFyre on the shoulder. DragonFyre turns to face her.
"I was wondering, do you know where TrailBlaiser is?" she asks.  DragonFyre and RiverFlyte exchange a look.
"Yeah, I was wondering that, too." Sugar chimes in. Soon, everyone at the table, Agents and A-I-Ts alike, exchange gossip and controversy regarding the whereabouts of TrailBlaiser. After a few moments, they all look at her expectantly. DragonFyre tenses like a deer in headlights.
"Oh, look, dessert." she points out warily as platters of pastries magically float in. She grabs one and examines it. "What are these?" she asks.
"TrailBlaiser's recipe. Golden Lion." RiverFlyte replies.
"DragonFyre." Sapphire interjects. "You're avoiding the subject." DragonFyre cringes.
"You want the truth?" she squeaks. Sapphire glares at her.
"The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth." Sapphire demands. DragonFyre sinks a little in her chair. "Tell us where TrailBlaiser is." DragonFyre mumbles something softly. "What was that?" DragonFyre swallows.
"Um, TrailBlaiser is, um, dead." she sqeaks. The room is silent and cold.
"Your joking." Sapphire whispers. "Please say you're joking!" DragonFyre closes her eyes and shakes her head. Sapphire gasps. Time seems to stand still. After what seems like an eternity in silence, Sapphire finally says, "So what now?" No one has an answer. DragonFyre isn't hungry, but stares at the pastry anyway.
"Golden Lion." she whispers. "Leo." Suddenly, she sits up. "Project Lion!" she exclaims. Everyone stares at her in alarm. She stands and holds the pastry in the air. "Lenora Abigail RainSong! You frackin' genious! Aslan! Why didn't I think of him before?!" She opens a portal behind her and motions for eveyone to follow her. "We're going to Narnia!"

8 comments:

  1. *gasp* The dress sounds spool awesome!!! And, this is just me, but WHAT DO THE PASTRIES TASTE LIKE!?!?!? I think I know what they'd re going to do in Narnia...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, the dress is amazing. Look up holiday barbie 2008. I know, most people think barbies are for little girl's but the dresses are gorgeous!About the pastry, you ever had a cream puff? Or an elciar? It has that kind of bread, filled with cream cheese and coated in a thin layer of glaze. Magnifique! And with Narnia, I really couldn't be much more obvious. Or so you think...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I'm going on a school trip to New Orleans 'til Monday, so, I might not be able to post. Oh, and if you saw on the news a few days ago about a tornado hitting a school, we are BuckHORN High School! Every channel called us Buckhead!

      Delete
    2. Well,I suppose I can survive until Monday. A tornado hit your school? Sometimes, I wish a tornado would hit my school too. But, nooo we just can't get any tornados or hurricanes or any other disaster to come by. And for the sake of all things random, have a totally epic and awesome time at New Orleans. And eat some chocolate for me!!!

      Delete
  3. Trust me, you do not want a tornado to hit your school, it was scary. Papers swirling, room shaking, people crying. You know what? I think I'll write about it eventually. Then you'll see. Oh and, no chocolate, but the bengieghs (still can't spell it :P) were good, although, couldn't eat more than one. And a really cute saxaphone player from one of New Orleans high schools stopped right in front of me during a parade. He smiled at me and winked. That made my day. Don't know his name though. He looked kinda live a Jake, maybe a David...

    ReplyDelete
  4. *giggles* Wow... Wouldn't be soooo awesome if you guys met again? Darn it, I am a sucker for love *grins* I almost tried a beignet (Think that's how you spell it but I'm not sure) But my friends ate them all before I could get one. That was just not cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dream about meeting him again. He looked at me a total of three times and smiled on the third. First time, I was screaming with the other girls for the guys in floats to throw us some beads (I got five, BTW) and I noticed him staring. Well, a lot of other people in the marching band were staring, but I noticed him first. I smiled at him and tried to look as attractive and flirtatious as possible, then he played again, then looked back at me and smiled. Not exactly a "Romeo and Juliet" moment. Although, it, along with other influences from New Orleans, has inspired me to write a new story. Maybe I'll make it another blog, maybe I'll have it posted on here, dunno yet. But, it's about the Creoles, you know, the French speaking New Orleaners from, like, the 1700's. It's a romance novel (that part was inspired by saxophone boy) and it shall be called "Language of the Fan". Like the tittle?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's awesome!!! I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete