Monday, March 5, 2012

DragonFyre=TrailBlaiser?

DragonFyre awakes in a strange room. RiverFlyte, who has been sitting on the bed for the last few hours smiles at her. She shakes her head, as if trying to deny her surroundings. "Wh-where am I?" she asks. RiverFlyte stands and helps her to her feet.
"RTHQ. This is TrailBlaiser's room." he explains. She looks around the room. "Sorry if we overwhelmed you." he adds. DragonFyre looks at him.
"You kissed me, didn't you?" RiverFlyte's face goes red.
"Yes, er, sorry." he blushes. DragonFyre shrugs.
"It's on your head. I don't want to be around when my daughter finds out." she states. RiverFlyte stares at her in disbelief.
"Your what?!" he gasps. DragonFyre rolls her eyes.
"Technically, TrailBlaiser could be considered my daughter, since I created her. I sometimes think of her that way. Although, she could also be classified as my sister." DragonFyre sighs. She sits back on the bed and rubs her lip. "Funny, I never imagined my first kiss would be from someone I just met." RiverFlyte sits next to her.
"But we have met before. That time you and TrailBlaiser were in my realm." RiverFlyte explains.
"You didn't kiss Hunter?" comes a voice from the other side of the door. "Or Blake? Or Brent?" RiverFlyte opens the door to come face to face with Sapphire and Sugar Plum. DragonFyre comes around him to see the two girls giggling. "Not even Jackson?" DragonFyre glares at them.
"Where did you hear those names?" she demands.
"In TrailBlaiser's old journal. On a page marked with your name." Sapphire announces.
"If you must know," DragonFyre groans, "I didn't kiss them because they were a bunch of good-for-nothing, heartless, cowardly, mean-" DragonFyre cuts herself off when she saw the RiverFlyte's expression. "Um, they weren't my type, to say the least." The girls look disappointed. They walk away, whispering to each other. RiverFlyte watches them go, then turns his attention back to DragonFyre.
"I'm impressed." he muses. She raises an eyebrow.
"Why's that?" she asks. He smiles.
"You haven't freaked out once in the last five minutes." he observes. DragonFyre glares at him.
"You are just like Micheal. He teases me like that, too." She whacks him on the head with  pillow. "But there's still one thing that bothers me about all this."
"The fact that you feel no shame at hitting boys with bedding items?" he offers. DragonFyre whacks him again.
"No, why TrailBlaiser isn't the one here explaining everything to me." RiverFlyte's smile fades. DragonFyre takes notice of this. Her eyes widen. "Sep, where is my sister?" He looks away. "Don't play games Septimus. Where is she?!" DragonFyre demands.
"Dead." he whispers. The color drains from DragonFyre's face.
"No." she gasps, "she can't be. I specifically designed the rules to make sure that couldn't happen. Unless," she pauses, "The Double Clause." RiverFlyte leans in. " The Double Clause is when the fail safe doesn't work because of the sheer amount of magic that would be needed to bring back two victims of a spell gone awry." RiverFlyte grabs her hands.
"You know how to fix it, right?" he pleads. DragonFyre lets out a breath.
"I'm afraid not. I figured that the occurrence of The Double Clause was just so unlikely that we shouldn't even bother with it. There is a way to fix it, I just don't know it." DragonFyre explains. RiverFlyte looks her in the eye.
"The one moment that I need TrailBlaiser the most, and she's not here." he sighs. "Is it true that you and TrailBlaiser share the same memories and thoughts?" DragonFyre nods. "So, like you're the same person?" She nods again. "Good. I wouldn't want to cheat on her." He kisses DragonFyre full on the mouth, passionately. She kisses him back savoring his scent. They brake apart. They sit in silence for a long time. "That was the weirdest thing I have ever done, and enjoyed." RiverFlyte says, finally. DragonFyre leans on him, and he puts his arm around her shoulder. "Are you sure that I'm not cheating on her with you, even though you two are almost the same person?"
"I have no idea." DragonFyre admits. She kisses him again. "But I really don't care."

3 comments:

  1. So TrailBlaiser's DEAD?!?! Like for good?!?! *starts crying uncontrollably* Well, at least DragonFyre's nice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. When is anything at RTHQ ever "for good"? And I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic in that last part. So hard to convey such things in type, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, no duh!!! That was about the type. That last part was in a more dismal tone.

      Delete