Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Aslan's Country

 The Realm Traveler's gasp in awe at the lush vegetation and crystal clear waters of Aslan's Country.
"Lenora." Aslan calls. A beautiful girl steps out of the vines, covering a moss filled cave. A long white dress flows over her bare feet. Her blonde hair cascades down to her hips. Her green eyes twinkle merrily. She walks slowly up to RiverFlyte and runs her hands her hands through his hair. She kisses him softly. Tears roll down his cheeks.
"I thought I lost you." he breathes. She holds him around his shoulders and looks into his eyes.
"I love you." she tries to say, but no sound comes out. RiverFlyte wraps his right arm around her waist and faces Aslan.
"Why isn't she speaking?" RiverFlyte asks him. Aslan looks past him to DragonFyre.
"Kaitlyn, Elizabeth, RabbitLeap, SwiftWind, Lenora, Diana, Makenna, Blaise, you are known by many names, past, present, and future. I call you a servant of God. You know why." Aslan speaks to her. Soft music plays in the breeze. Recognaztion floods her face.
"When I am Silent", she whispers. She licks her lips. "You want me to... sing?" Aslan nodds. DragonFyre takes a deep breath, then begins a song she knows well. "Who will sing my song when I am silent? Who will count the colors of the dawn? Who will follow the lark's flight? Who will hear it's song? When I am silent, who will sing for me? Who will scent the fragrence of a flower? Who will laugh at snowflakes on the tounge? Who will dance barefoot in the grass? Spinning and twirling and spinning and twirling to welcome the warmth of May? Who will dance? When I dance no more, when I sing no more, when I am silent, silent, who will cry me? Who will cry for me? Who will cry? Who will cry?" When the song finished, TrailBlaiser glowed golden, then smiled at DragonFyre.
"Thank you, sister." TrailBlaiser whispers. DragonFyre runs up and hugs her. RiverFlyte smiles at them. The Realm Travelers bow to the two girls, and RiverFlyte kneels before them. "So," TrailBlaiser says finally, "I hear my boyfriend's been cheating on me." DragonFyre and RiverFlyte exchange a look. TrailBlaiser laughs. "Don't worry, I won't hold it against you." She turns to RiverFlyte. "As long as you promise never to cheat on me again." He raises his head.
"I promise. I will never do anything to make you break up with me." he whispers.
"Aww." DragonFyre exclaims. TrailBlaiser and RiverFlyte look at her. "And I totally just ruined the moment." RiverFlyte laughs.
"It's okay. Not exactly Romeo and Juliet here, is it?"
"Definatly not." TrailBlaiser agrees. "If it were, then we'd both have died." Everyone laughs. TrailBlaiser turns to Aslan. "May we go home?" DragonFyre steps in front of her.
"Woah, no. This is the closest I have ever come to having a real conversation with Jesus. I'm not gonna get this kinda thing until I go to heaven." DragonFyre objects. Aslan's eyes dance with amusement.
"If you know me as well as you say you do, then perhaps this won't be your only chance until then." Aslan explains. DragonFyre tries to object, but Aslan cuts her off. "Then again, I could use someone to my powers on. I haven't done the pillar of salt thing for awhile." DragonFyre hides behind RiverFlyte.
"Um, nevermind." she squeaks. Aslan licks her cheek again.
"You are blessed, child. No matter how hard things may get for you, help is always there." he reminds her. She bows her head. Aslan roars over them, and slowly, the lush forests of Aslan's country fade away, and the furniture of the main dining hall of the RTHQ replaces it.
"Well," DragonFyre says finally, "this was fun, but I'd really like to get bac to the Alpha Realm." TrailBlaiser nods and opens a portal back to the high school's cafeteria.
"As soon as you enter, your clothes will change back, and when you sit back down, the world will resume." trailBlaiser tells her.
"Neat trick, stopping time. Can learn that? It'd sure be helpful come exams." DragonFyre observes.
"Sorry," TrailBlaiser shruggs, "Home Realm Block. No RT magic can be used in the RTs home realm."
"Drat. Oh well." DragonFyre waves to everyone and then steps through the portal. When she sits at the table, the portal closes.
"She'll be okay." RiverFlyte assures TrailBlaiser. "In the meantime," he adds as they walk out of the dining hall and towards the quarters, "you have a lot of catching up to do."
"Right!" she exclaims, "I have that mission to launch over in the Teen Titan Realm and-" RiverFlyte kisses her, cutting her off.
"I mean," he whispers, "with me."

5 comments:

  1. Yippee!!!! All's well that end's well! So is this the end of this mission?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oui, mademoiselle! Until we jump back to the Alpha Realm after a breif blog post from Agent TrailBlaiser concerning the mission to the Teen Titan Realm. Why, do you want to do a co-op with the RTs and Mystique? I can postpone the Teen Titan mission if you want me to, or I can even write about "Language of the Fan". Your choice I guess.

      Delete
    2. No that's just me being curious. I'm still in the middle of a mission :(

      Delete
    3. I'm sure your mission will turn out fine! :) But, hey, if you want my advice, "When in doubt, try the classics." Great themes exist in classics like, Shakespeare, Jane Austen, or even the Bible. Some of the best stories exist in the last one! :)

      Delete
  2. One last thing, if you ever want to chat with me in real time, I'm online between 3:40 and 5:00 Pm Central Time.

    ReplyDelete