Tuesday, March 6, 2012

DragonBlaiser

RiverFlyte takes his orb from his pocket. "I remember, in one of your stories, you wrote about this." he says gently as he places it in her hand.

"The Orb of River..." she whispers softly as she caresses the small object. "Exactly as I imagined it..." She smiles at RiverFlyte. "I'll admit, it's kind of hard to grasp that this is all real." She gives him back the orb. He smiles sheepishly.

"Well, perhaps I can help you with that." he whispers. He kisses her softly. DragonFyre goes rigid, then relaxs and kisses him back. He places his hand on her shoulder lightly. She groans and tenses up, then lets herself fall into him. "I love you." he breathes. 

"No." DragonFyre gasps. She hugs herself and shakes. "You don't love me, you love TrailBlaiser." RiverFlyte holds her. 

"But you are TrailBlaiser. You said yourself that you're the same girl." he reasons. DragonFyre pushes him away. 

"That's what's scaring me. I can't separate us. My emotions are mixing with what Leo would feel. It's her that loves you. She wants to kiss you." DragonFyre leans in to kiss him, but stops herself. "I seem to remember someone saying, 'You have no idea how hard it is not to kiss you right now.' It's even harder for me." RiverFlyte puts his arm around her, but she brushes him off. "Please just, go. It's too confusing to be near you." RiverFlyte moves to the door, but doesn't open it.

"I guess, I'll see you at dinner. Formal attire, as it is for every new arrival to RTHQ." he whispers. DragonFyre can't bring herself to look at him. Suddenly, she's swept into his arms and kissed. He lets her go. "I'm sorry, I-" but DragonFyre cuts him off.

"JUST GO!" she screams through her tears. RiverFlyte rushes out of her room. When she hears it click into place, she falls onto the bed and weeps. After her tears have all but subsided, she brushes the hair out of her face and sings softly to herself. "Father, help me. God Almighty, I need You now. Lord of Glory, Christ who saved me, I need You now. In a place so strange, yet so familiar, I feel alone. And I need to know. Are You still there? Can You still hear me? 'Cause I can't find my own voice, let alone Yours. Father, help me. God Almighty, I need You now."


4 comments:

  1. Are you not comenting because you're not there? Or are you boycotting my site because of the obvious Christian refrences? If it's the second thing, I'm sorry. I assumed that you were Christian due to a refrence on your site to the Narnia series, which is an allusion to stories in the Bible. The last thing I want is to offend any of my fans. I sincerly hope that you're just not commenting because you haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No you didn't offend me at all! I'm Christian too, actually. I was trying to comment on a smartphone and the thing would not get through. I just noticed the title was a mix of TrailBlaiser and DragonFyre. Anyway, is the formal wear nice? Or is it the kind that's really uncomfortable? And am I the only one that's noticed the posts are getting more and more depressing? YESSSSS I HAVE A LONG COMMENT FOR ONCE IN MY WEIRD LITTLE LIFE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And for the record, I'd actually say I'm starting a boycott, before I do it.

      Delete
  3. Oh thank goodness! So worried there! And about the deppressed thing, every story has it's ups and downs. This story happens to have a lot of downs, but trust me, the next post will be a lot more optimistic. =) And, about the formal wear, give me a post or two.

    ReplyDelete