Thursday, March 29, 2012

Aero-Attack

DragonFyre circles the sky over Slade's hideout. Raven, Star, and Beast Boy (in eagle form) are not far behind her. Cyborg, Robin, and Terra are staking out the ground. "Dragon, do you copy?" Robin buzzes into her communicator.
"Affirmitave Robin. Skys are clear above my sector. I have located an access point through an air vent, but only a rat could get through." she responds. She is met with silence for a bit. 
"You know what to do, Beast Boy." he says, finally. 
"Yeah, yeah." Beast Boy complains. "For the record, if I die, I'm holding you personally responsible." 
"Granted." Robin laughs. 
"You know," DragonFyre interjects, "I could just fireball the roof off." Beast Boy flies over to her. 
"I may be an idiot, but even I know that's a bad idea." he caws. 
"I agree with Beast Boy." Robin adds. "A mission like this must be swift and silent." 
"Robin, how many Realm Travelers do you think are in there?" she asks. 
"Dunno, like, ten?" he guesses.
"Close, multiply that by ten. That's how many Realm Travelers and A-I-Ts are in there. And Realm Travelers have powers specifically designed to keep us hidden from those who aren't our targets. So, the fact that he has a hundred, captured, is very bad. What makes you think that he can't kill us all in a second?" Robin's silent for a while.
"We'll send in back-up as needed. For now, I want Beast Boy to go down there and enter the hide-out." Beast Boy doesn't budge.
"No." he counters.
"That's an order!" Robin growls. 
"Fine!" Beast Boy yells. He swoops onto the rooftop and transforms into a mouse. "Alright, I'm in." 
"What do you see?" DragonFyre asks, anxiously. 
"TrailBlaiser, tied to a chair. Slade with a glowing crystal. And about ninety-nine Realm Travelers behind bars. Is that bad?" he rolls off.
"Yes." DragonFyre replies cooly. "Slade has a Night Crystal, the Realm Travelers are powerless, and my sister's a hostage. I would say that's very bad." 

4 comments:

  1. In case you didn't read my last comment on "The Titans", my next mission will be on "The Lorax". The movie, not the book. Just clearing that up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Bout what, the fact that I think a character is hot, or that I just go from mission to mission with very little break inbetwwen? Or, wait, were you talking about the fact that TrailBlaiser's a hostage?

    ReplyDelete