Saturday, August 25, 2012

Sapphire's Dilemma

TrailBlaiser glances at the laptop the next day, after RiverFlyte went back to his own realm for some weird reason. The light flashed and showed a message. "The Tiger or the Lady Verse has been disrupted." A cold chill runs down her spine upon seeing this. A sigh of relief escapes her when she checks the status.
"Oh," she breathes, "It's just Lexi. You'd think the Mystique would teach her better than to set off our alarms." She takes out a pen and writes on her arm, speaking each word. "Send offer to train Lexi properly to the Mystique." Shaking her head, she clicks the pen back. "Those second-rate Travelers don't know what their doing. At least the boys' version has some idea of how to use magic. They haven't set off an alarm in ages. I wonder how their doing?" Sapphire skips up behind her and glances over TrailBlaiser's shoulder.
"What's the Mystique? Are they the other team of Travelers? The all girls one? Can I join?" TrailBlaiser spins her her chair to face the apprentice.
"No, you can't. This is the best place to get your training. RTHQ is the finest Traveler's headquarters in all the realms. You should be proud to be here." Sapphire crosses her arms.
"But we never do anything fun!" she whines. 
"Fun? You want fun? Fine. Ask Sugar to show you the Airbender Realm. Call it a mission." Sapphire's eyes widen.
"You're actually sending me on a mission? Without an Elemental guide?" She can hardly keep the excitement from her voice. TrailBlaiser shrugs.
"You'e almost a full agent now. You shouldn't need an Elemental guide. But just in case, bring Kopa, too." Sapphire salutes her and skips away giddily. 
"Omg, omg, OMG! With both Sugar and Kopa going, since they're BF and GF, they'll be so caught up in each other that they won't notice if I'm not there! It's gonna be so awesome!" She finds Sugar Plum talking with Kopa, runs toward them, leaps, and crashes into the wall. She lands awkwardly with her torso on the floor and her legs against the wall.
"Sapphire!" Sugar exclaims. "Are you alright?" Kopa helps her upright again.
"Doesn't matter Sugar. Cause you will never guess what TrailBlaiser just told me! I get to go on a mission!" 
"By yourself?" he asks. Sapphire hits him playfully on the arm. 
"No, with you two! Won't that be great?!" Kopa and Sugar exchange looks.
"Um, where?" Sugar tries to put a smile on her face, but fails.
"The Airbender Realm!" Sapphire replies, bouncing up and down in excitement. Sugar and Kopa exchange silent words.
"We need to discuss this with TrailBlaiser." Kopa decides. They walk off the the Elemental Commons and leave Sapphire standing there, quite confused.
It's almost like Sugar forgot that I'm her best friend. Sapphire thinks sadly. Is it because of Kopa? I thought we agreed that we'd never put guys before besties. And that we'd always be friends first, girlfriends second. so much for that, I guess.   

6 comments:

  1. Nice, just... nice...
    I vill get back at you for this, I VILL!!! * evil cackle^
    On the other hand, I've always wanted to see a mission in the Airbender Realm. :)
    I hope something like Sapphire's dilemma never happens in my life, though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wanted to see your reaction if I bashed Mystique. But, come on, Lexi's kinda a failure as a Traveler. She can't control portals properly, she can't control her element, and she never knows what's going on. It's a Traveler's responsibility to be aware of all their territory's realms. Although, maybe Lexi can redeem herself. Do you think the Mystique and the boy's group could help me out in TrailBlaiser's challenge?

      Delete
    2. Wait till I finish my mission, then probably. And I agree, Lexi is a fail... but she's kinda supposed to be, so...

      Delete
    3. Well, TrailBlaiser's challenge is last, so it will be a while. I have plenty of missions to delay it with, so don't worry!

      Delete
    4. One more thing, the way the Mystique works is very different than how the Realm Travelers work...

      Delete
    5. Explain to me in an e-mail, if you still have me as a contact.

      Delete