Sunday, November 11, 2012

FyreFlyte

Okay, well it got boring waiting all day for something to happen. I wanted to save this post for tomorrow but I got bored. So you get to read it early! Yay!
A piercing scream shatters Leo's thoughts. She looks around as the colonists flee, trying to find the source. Out of the corner of her eyes, she spots Sep, leaning up against the wall of the Customs House. Blood soaks his shirt and cloak, his face contorted with pain. "Septimus!" she cries as she fights through the crowd. She isn't physically strong enough to break free, so she activates her artifact, transforming herself into a dragon. The colonists scream in fear, but she pays them no heed. Spreading her wings, she rises into the air, just above the mob. The Sons of Liberty watch her in horror. She lands just feet from Sep and transforms back into a human. "Mighty Aslan, Sep! What happened?!" Sep smiles feebly at her, color drained from his face.
"The kid was in danger. I had to help him..." Tears stream down Leo's face as she rips fabric off of her cloak and wraps it around the wound.
"If you had just left with the crowd you wouldn't have gotten hurt!" she cries.
"If I had left with the crowd, that boy would have gotten trampled." Their eyes meet for a moment, no words are said, but none need to be.
"I understand." they both whisper. Leo continues dressing his wound, but the blood continues to pour. 
"Okay, can you stand?" she asks. 
"I... think so." he groans. Sep puts his arm around Leo's shoulders and they slowly get up. Sep loses his balance for a moment, and Leo holds him up. 
"We have to make it outside of town. Swift is there. She can heal you." 
"That's no good if I've got a chunk of lead in my body." he counters. Leo looks around desperately.
"Fine. But you've gotta trust me." 
"With my life." he promises. Leo takes a deep breath.
"I've never tried this before, but, in theory..." Sep gives her a terrified look, but she just smiles. "FyreFlyte." she breathes. The artifact obeys and launches them into the sky in a rocket-like explosion. Leo takes a firm grasp of Sep and she attempts to maneuver them to the outskirts of town where the agents gather, watching the fight from a distance.
"You know how to land, right?" Sep asks. Leo smiles.
"Sure, in theory. Kinda like how one can theoretically dig into his backyard and find a pile of diamonds." The spell starts to lose power and they fall, spiraling to the ground. 
"Leo!" Sep yells. 
"On it!" She spreads her wings and catches an air current. Using that, she manages to glide them back down to safety. They tumble onto the ground, Sep landing beside her. "Well, that was fun!" Sep pushes himself off the ground and wobbles a bit trying to stand.
"Yeah, kinda like the time you convinced me to camp in the Forest. Still haven't gotten over the squirrel incident, by the way."
"You love me anyway?" Sep thinks for a moment.
"Always." 

3 comments:

  1. Yay :D Happy end achieved!!! I wonder what happened to the boy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to comment on the "You don't dare fire" That scene where Leo was flirting. I couldn't believe it. Though I think Persia would have done it better, it wouldn't have counted though her guardian spirit is Aphrodite you know. Oh wait you don't.. gave away my next post. Darn. But any ways I doubt Persia would flirt with guys when she is in fact dating Wes...... And Randomness rocks? If you can't post your the crossover by tomorrow I can do it for you.

    ReplyDelete