Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Science Lesson

TrailBlaiser lounges on a scarlet sofa, typing away at a computer. RiverFlyte leans on the arm, watching her. "Whatcha doin'?" he asks. 
"Helping DragonFyre" she replies, not taking her eyes off the screen. 
"With what?"
"Her end-of-the-year biology project that she waited until the last second to do." she sighs. She twists to face him. "Do you have any idea how many phyla there are in the kingdom Animalia?" RiverFlyte shrugs.
"No. Why would I care?" TrailBlaiser turns back to the computer.
"Exactly! If that girl hadn't written me into existence, I wouldn't help her. But no, I have to finish her report for her just because I'm the fictional alter-ego of a procrastinator!" She pounds the keys furiously. 
"Well, you think I can distract you from that for a moment?"he offers. She slams the laptop closed. 
"Please!" She knocks some notes and textbooks off the sofa. RiverFlyte plops down beside her. "So what's on your mind?" RiverFlyte takes a deep breath. 
"It's the last mission. We could have seriously altered my realm in ways we couldn't foretell. Leo, what if the change could alter my real to much that I would never become a Realm Traveler? What if i never met my real parents, or never became Marica's apprentice? What if I died in the snow while guarding the Wizard Tower?" TrailBlaiser kisses him on the cheek. 
"Sep, you're still here. Therefore, nothing changed. If something had drastically changed in the fabric of your realm when we saved Juno and Sparrow, then the realm would have reverted back to it's original form and they would have died anyway. After which, Aslan would put my powers on probation and woul be watching my every move. And because that didn't happen, I'd say everything's just fine." She kisses him full on the mouth. "Now, ask me a hard question, like, how the heck am I supposed to finish this report by Thursday morning?!" RiverFlyte lets out a sigh of relief. 
"While you're doing this, can you tell me what SpitFyre would be classified as?" TrailBlaiser smiles and opens the laptop back up. 
"Kingdom Animalia, Phylum Chordata, Class Mythonium, Order Reptilian, Family Pyro, Genus Draco, Species Magyka. Come on, fantasy I got, real world, not a clue." 

2 comments: