Thursday, May 3, 2012

Hera's Lecture

"And then the railing broke." Juno sighs as she fold blankets in the clinic.
"You actually fell in the Moat?" Hera asks. Done with her pile, she plops down on a chair in the commons room.
"Yep. Splash." Hera folds her last blanket and looks at Juno.
"This was all part of your, plan, wasn't it?" Juno grins mischievously at her.
"Of course. From the information I gathered about him, obviously he would take me to one of the slipways. At which point, I would pretend to be a defenseless little girly-girl and not a highly trained spy who knows seven ways to kill him with a spoon. First, I would totally fail at getting on the boat. Second, I locate the absolute weakest point of the railing to fall through. Third, I pretend I can't swim. Fourth, I hold my breath to see if he would try to revive me himself. Fifth, I act moody and upset. All, of course, to test his chivalry and how much he's willing to do for me. Now that I have collected this data, I can commence with the next part of my ultimate plan: planting the idea of sneaking out the boys." Looking rather proud of herself, Juno picks up her pile of blankets and places it in a closet.
"Juno, you played that boy like a fiddle!" Hera hugs her. "That's my girl." Juno hugs her back.
"Well, I did learn from the best." Hera looks lovingly at her.
"Aw, aren't you sweet?" Juno shrugs. "But, there's just one thing I'm worried about. Teenage boys can be rather, unpredictable... And dabbling with love, it can be especially dangerous. I'm afraid that he might not go along with the mission unless you give him... something... in return." Juno's eyes widen. She backs away from her aunt.
"Um, yeah, I know where you're going with this, and I'm not having that conversation. Again. Besides, you told me yourself, 'Finish the mission by any means necessary.'" She kisses her aunt on the cheek and opens the door to leave. "Trust me, I don't value that as much as I value these boys' lives. So, I'll gladly do or say anything to save them. You should understand. And if all goes according to plan, that topic will never even come up."

2 comments:

  1. *jaw drops* She was- she was FAKING?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, yeah. She's a spy, she's allowed to do that. But if you think that's bad, wait for her NEXT date!

    ReplyDelete