Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Questica?

TrailBlaiser finally comes to on her bed. The blurry world slowly comes into focus, in the form of RiverFlyte. He's laying next to her, with a hand over her waist. "What happened?" she breathes. "Am I dead, again?" He kisses her softly.
"No, but you gave it your best shot." he whispers. His grip tightens around her, drawing her closer.
"Is Persia okay?" She feels his heartbeat as if it were her own.
"Yes. She returned to normal as soon as you used the deep magic. You really should be more careful, Leo. I don't think you realize just how much you mean to the Realm Travelers. To me." His lips brush hers.
"I'm sorry, Sep. I'm just so careless. But, we have to solve this. Persia is in danger. And for once, I don't have a real plan." She tries to sit up, but doesn't have the strength.
"Leo, you're in no condition to do much of anything right now." She relaxes again, realizing just how weak she is. "You need to rest." A silent tear streaks down her cheek, which RiverFlyte gently brushes away.
"I'm scared." she admits. "There is some kind of dark, unknown magic brought here. Not quite that of a Night Crystal, but, unsettling. I can't handle knowing that if someone got hurt, it would be my fault. I can't protect them. I can't even protect myself." RiverFlyte strokes her hair gently.
"That's why I'm here. Because I can protect you. I love you, Lenora." She breathes in his comforting scent.
"I love you, too, Septimus." She starts to close her eyes and drift off, but a thought still tugs at her. "But, what about Swiftwind? She's still battling the break in a realm. What if she needs me?" RiverFlyte smiles softly at her. Gently, we wraps a knitted blanket around her.
"You'll be better soon. Don't stress yourself out. I'm here, remember? If anything happens, I can handle it." She hugs him tightly.
"But I don't want you to leave me." she whispers.
"I won't, promise." he breathes. They lie there, enjoying the sound of nothing but their pounding heartbeats, until a knock on the door disturbs them. "Stay here." he instructs. TrailBlaiser shoots him a sly look.
"Right, because, I was so going to go ninja on them." she jokes. RiverFlyte ignores her. He seems surprised to see the figure of Rabbitleap holding a watch. 
"Is TrailBlaiser awake yet?" she asks.
"No." Leo pipes up from the bed. Rabbitleap rolls her eyes and enters. "What do you want?" Rabbitleap holds out the watch, which TrailBlaiser stares uncomprehendingly at. "'K. What is it?" RiverFlyte sits next to her and helps her to sits up. TrailBlaiser gingerly takes the watch inspecting it.
"Persia used it to communicate to her realm. Questica, I think?" Rabbitleap relays. TrailBlaiser furrows her brow.
"Questica? Never heard of it. Do we have anything on file?" Rabbitleap shakes her head. "What of the pink mist, then?" 
"The woman communicating said it was to check if the Realm Travelers were trustworthy. And when she asked to speak with the head of RTHQ, she didn't ask for TrailBlaiser specifically, and mispronounced my name." 
"What?!" TrailBlaiser tries to bolt up, but a sharp stab of pain shoots through her and causes her to fall back onto RiverFlyte, panting. "Okay, first, OW! Second, everyone knows who we are and who my officers are. Aslan made sure." She winces as she tries to right herself. "Could Persia be from, out of Aslan's territory?" Rabbitleap looks alarmed.
"There's realms outside of his territory?!" she gasps.
"Apparently so. And they have portals too. Then again, she could be from a verse, which we don't have domain over. But the Mystique does."

No comments:

Post a Comment