Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Persia

A loud alarm whirs in TrailBlaiser's ears around midnight. She whacks her alarm clock angrily, but the noise doesn't stop. She opens her eyes and notices that a red light is flashing. Leaping out of bed, she dashes to her door and slams it open into the Elemental Commons. RiverFlyte and Rabbitleap slowly emerge from thier chambers. "What is that?" RiverFlyte mumbles sleepily. Rabbitleap leans heavily on her door.
"I don't know . I think means a security breach. Probably a false alarm. Rabbitleap," she turns to her friend, who is barely awake.
"Mmhm, Your Majesty?" she slurs. TrailBlaiser puts her hands on her hips.
"Are you sleepwalking again?" she asks. Rabbitleap scratches blindly at nothing.
"The pirates stole all the pasta from the noodle people." she sighs. TrailBlaiser face-palms. She snaps her fingers, sending a blast of red magic at Rabbitleap, waking her up. "Wha-! Oh, um, yes, TrailBlaiser?' Rabbitleap asks, regaining her composure.
"I need you to go shut off the alarm in the Control Room. RiverFlyte will inspect the Main Hall, I'll check the quarters and Swiftwind... oh, right. Well, the Realms Containment Night Guards will still be on duty. I'll just contact them via communicator. Get going." RiverFlyte and Rabbitleap nod and walk away to their posts. Rabbitleap walks down the long, dark hallway to the Control Room. She flips on the light and freezes when she realizes she's not alone. A teenage girl, with tan skin, and long, brown hair, wearing a short sleeve green and denim shorts looks up at her.
"Who are you?!" both girls yell at the same time. "Where am I?!" the girl shouts as she stands up.
"Um, my name is Agent Rabbitleap. And you're in RTHQ's Control Room. How did you get here?" Rabbitleap asks.
"Heck if I know how I got here! I was pushed into some swirling whirlpool and nearly had the life crushed out of me by some freak named Patrick!" she creams. Rabbitleap stares curiously at the girl, then pulls out her communicator.
"Yo, TrailBlaiser." she calls into it. "Found the breach. And this chick is some kinda psycho." The girl glares at Rabbitleap.
"Who are you calling a psycho?! You're the one who's dressed in freaking pajamas!" she retorts. Rabbitleap glares.
"You woke us up. It's midnight, genius." she sighs. TrailBlaiser and RiverFlyte burst into the room.
"This her, Rabbitleap?" RiverFlyte asks. Rabbitleap nods while the girl stares at them, dumbfounded.
"Can someone please tell me what the heck is going on?!" she screams. TrailBlaiser groans.
"I'm only going to say this once: stop screaming or I will roast you from the inside out, got it?" The girl's eyes widen.
"Leo." RiverFlyte warns. "We all know you desperately need your beauty sleep, but can you hold off for now?" TrailBlaiser glares at him. "You're in the RTHQ. A secret facility of magical guardians. And you have managed to tick off our leader, Agent TrailBlaiser and our third-in-command, Agent Rabbitleap. You haven't yet angered me yet, I'm second-in-command." She stares blankly at everyone. "So, what's your name?"
"Uh, Persia."

No comments:

Post a Comment