Friday, September 21, 2012

Deeper and Deeper...

"So?" Rogers asks. "What did she say?" Swiftwind collapses face-first onto a couch.
"She yelled at me, then refused to help me, then hung up on me. Twice. And I'd try calling again, but it won't go through, meaning she got so fed up with me that she destroyed her communicator." Swiftwind sighs. Rogers sits beside her.
"Wow. Anger issues, much?" he  jokes. Swiftwind brushes some hair out of her face.
"Yeah, no kidding. By the way, has Fury gotten any info on Jane Foster's whereabouts?" she asks. Rogers shakes his head.
"No. Thor's been trying to get Heimdall, the gate keeper, to see if he can spot her, but no such luck. It's almost like she's vanished off the face of the planet." Swiftwind shrugs.
"It happens. Especially when Realm Travelers are around. Though, It would be nice to know where she went. As far as we know, if she isn't here, she must be in another Realm or something. But, the Realm Travelers didn't take her, and the Mystique wouldn't venture into our territory without permission. So, I'm all out of ideas. I would call and ask TrailBlaiser if she has any leads, but she probably smashed her communicator... again. That hot-head..." 

TrailBlaiser wakes up the next morning, this time fully rested. She picks up what's left of her communicator and sends a blast of energy at it, fixing it. "I see you're feeling better." RiverFlyte comments.
"Yeah. My magic's back, too. Not quite as strong, but still." She produces a small flame in her hands, tossing it about and playing with it. "It's good to be in control again." The fire dissolves and TrailBlaiser walks into her closet, searching for the right outfit. She decides on a short, green sundress and snaps her fingers, covering herself  and the dress in flames. When the smoke clears, she's wearing the dress and her other clothes are in a hamper on the other side of the room.  
"Neat trick." he observes. She curtseys slightly.
"Thanks. I figured I'd go outside today. It's so boring being locked up in here all the time." She exits the room, goes down a few corridors, and ends up in front of a few double doors. Pushing them open, birds suddenly start chirping, as if anticipating her arrival. "Okay, okay, that's enough. This isn't some Disney movie. Cool it." The chirping gets softer as she walks down a winding trail. She hears footsteps behind her, and turns to see RiverFlyte behind her. "'Bout time you showed up." she comments. He shrugs.
"You know I'd never pass up an opportunity to be with you. Especially since I'm not sure how much of that I'll have. Considering you always throw your life away for others." he remarks. TrailBlaiser glares.
"I'm sorry, does my being a hero bother you? Should I just let people get hurt? Knowing full well that I could stop it?" She storms off, leaving RiverFlyte chasing after her. "What does he know?" she growls quietly. "If he loved me, he wouldn't question my decisions. Honestly, if I died, for real, at least I wouldn't have to live in fear of my secret anymore..." She drops to her knees and clasps her hands together. "Why? Why did I come back when I was already in Aslan's Country? You know all my secrets, so why did you send me back here where I have to hide? Why can't I tell anyone?!" She cries silently, but a slow feeling of peace covers her. A great beast pads up to her, and licks her face. As her eyes meet his, she instantly recognizes him. "Aslan!" she cries out, hugging him around the mane. "Please, take me back!" 
"Lenora, your life is here. And it is a life you must be more careful to preserve. Septimus loves you, yet you don't love him how you should. Don't keep your life a secret from him. He needs to know." She searches his eyes.
"But why? Why does he need to know? Why does anyone need to know?"
"Something will happen, something to test both you, RiverFlyte, and-"
"Please! I know who you're going to say, just... don't." His gaze softens.
"The truth will come out. That... is your challenge." Aslan turns his gaze toward the horizon. "I must go. I pour my blessings upon you, Agent TrailBlaiser." She watches in awe as he bounds away. Moments later, RiverFlyte finally catches up to her. 
"What's your problem?" he asks. TrailBlaiser wraps her arms around him and cries.
"Aslan spoke to me. He told me my challenge. The prophecy..." she weeps.
"I don't understand. Why are you crying? This is a good thing. We have a clue to what is expected. What did he tell you?" he asks. TrailBlaiser kisses him.
"I can't... I just can't..." she breathes. "No one can know. But he told me to tell you. I just can't." He's too shocked to speak, so they just stand there, holding each other, as the birds continue to sing overhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment