Monday, February 27, 2012

Remember the Lion

Septimus and Giovanni sit in silence, holding their fallen. The night stars sparkle in the distance, but the heat of the day is vanishing. Yet, Leo stays warm. As soon as she fell, Sep was sure that she was dead, but she still breathes. Warmth still stays in her. Septimus kisses her forehead, willing her to awaken. "First Syrah, now you." he whispers softly. Giovanni looks at him.
"Who's Syrah?" he asks. Septimus begins to tell him the story of the Syren Islands, and of who he is. Giovanni sits in silence the whole time. "So," he says finally, when Sep was finished, "you can do all these amazing things, yet you still can't help either of them?" Septimus shakes his head.
"I'm afraid not. Her magic is diffent from mine. Bound by diffrent rules. And she's the only one that knows them all." Septimus sighs.
"No," Leo whispers, "I'm not." Septimus and Giovanni exchange astounded looks as Leo sits up cradling her head in her hands. She rubs her temples. "Remind me never to do that again." Tears well up in Sep's eyes.
"You're okay." he whispers. Leo regards him passivly.
"Well., you mean except for the pounding headache from magic shock? Yes." she groans. She notices their confused expressions. "Magic shock is when you're totally drained of magic, then hit by a large amount." She tries to stand but falls back down. "I feel like I've been run over with a bus." Septimus and Giovanni help her up. She groans as they support her. "But, it will all be worth it," she looks down at Astrid's cold body, "because I will heal her even if it kills me."
"But, it won't, right?" Septimus says warily.Leo gives him a long look.
"Sep, it's about time I tell you about Project Lion."

Hey, this is Sugar! I told you earlier that there wouldn't be any commentary, but I had to here. You see, I came around, and the StoryStreamer just shut down! Apparently, you need to provide a password to access it, because it's "Classified" and all. Seeing as I don't have a password, I geuss I just stay here until it becomes "Unclassified" again and it will reboot. Ooh! Here we go! Back online and operational!

The sun is sinking back into the earth. It's been nearly twenty-four hours since Astrid's death. Leo watches the sun's decent with growing anxiety. Septimus comes up behind her. "Are you sure you want to do this? I could kiss you now, lock the magic." Leo turns around to face fim, a playful gleam in her eye.
"Who's to say you're my true love? Besides," she closes her eyes, "I owe it to Astrid. She put her trust in me, and I failed her." She looks at him. "If things don't, go right-" Sep huggs her.
"They will. You'll be fine." He whispers. A single tear escapes him. "You have no idea how hard it is to not kiss you right now." Leo laughs a little.
"Oh yes I do. I love you. I don't want to do this. But I must." She starts to glow bright red. Her vision blurs from tears. Her eyes look at something in the distance, and widen in alarm. "Remember the Lion!" she screams as she falls to the ground. Septimus catches her, then turns around to see what she was looking at, but nothing is there. Giovanni puts his hand on Sep's shoulder.
"She'll be okay, right? Both of them?" Giovanni begs. Septimus turns his gaze toward the sky.
"Only by God's grace." he whispers.

2 comments:

  1. *in complete shock and can't say anything*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *laughing uncontrolably at your reply and eating a blueberry muffin*

      Delete