Sunday, February 12, 2012

Missions with Leo: 101

Hi, I guess. I'm still not used to writing. Or speaking to people. I'm a lone wolf, what can I say? Um, I'll hook the Story Streamer data back up to the laptop now.

Leo began searching in her bag. Marisa walks over to the targets. The bull's eye mark was so shot up that the paper was tearing off. An odd noise comes from the other side of the courtyard. Marisa straightens. "Leo, did you hear that?" she whispers. Leo looks at her.
"Hear what?" Leo asks. Suddenly, a blur of white fur rushes toward Marisa. She screams. Five girls leap from the balconies surrounding the courtyard and subdue the beast. They hold the animal back as it gnashes its fangs at Marisa. It resembles a lamb, but with a horn in the middle of its head and razor sharp, bloody fangs. Marisa stumbles backwards and falls down. Leo hurries over to her. "Are you okay?" she asks her.
"Tha-that thing! It tried to kill me!" Marisa shrieked. Leo studied the beast impassively.
"Yes, a zhi will do that. It may look cute and cuddly,but it's a cold blooded killer. Odd though, no creature is supposed to attack a Realm Traveler." She helped Marisa up. "Are you wearing your amulet?" Marisa stared at her in shock.
"N-no." she stuttered. Leo reached into her bag and pulled out an old wooden cross tied to a leather cord. She handed the necklace to Marisa.
"It's very important that you wear your amulet on all missions. It gives out an energy signature that every beast recognizes. People, not so much, but animals will never attack you. Fortunately for you, I brought a spare." Marisa pulled the necklace over her head. The zhi stopped growling and bowed before her. "That was my old necklace, before I got this." Leo shows Marisa the amulet she's wearing, a leather cord with a orange, black, and yellow marble tied to it. The girls who were holding the zhi released it. They stared at Marisa and Leo in shock.
"Who are you?" one girl asked.
"What I'd like to know is," came a voice from behind the girls."What are you doing here?" A young man comes out from behind the girls. They back away as he comes past. A young woman follows him. Marisa hides behind Leo.
"I'm on a mission, Neil." His eyes widen at Leo's words.
"How do you know my name?" he whispers.
"I do my research." She looks over at the group of teenage girls. She seems troubled. "Where is Astrid?" Neil stiffened.
"The location of the members of the Order of the Lioness is not the business of an outsider." he stated. Leo looked unimpressed.
"She's gone, isn't she?" Leo sighed. The doors opened behind Marisa. She squealed again. Another teenage girl, a blond, limped through the doors, then collapsed by a target. The zhi ran over and licked the dried blood off her face. The young woman rushed over to her. 
"Astrid!" one of the girls gasped. Marisa turned to Leo. 
"This isn't a routine mission, is it?" Marisa asked her. Leo smiled.
"Are you kidding? This is one of the most simple missions I've ever had." Leo checked her watch. "Usually, by this time, I would have been captured, interrogated, then have escaped, hitch-hiked halfway across the country and landed face-first in the mud a few times." Neil picked Astrid up. She was covered in blood and dirt. "This is easy."

I have to cut it off again. I'll try to post again tomorrow, 'kay? 'Til then, Howl to the Stars!

                       -Agent Rabbitleap

2 comments: