Monday, February 13, 2012

Red Lightning and Busted Busts

Hey hey! This is Sugar Plum! Now, I know that Rabbitleap is supposed to be doing this, but she's just so shy! It must be a wolf thing. She asked me to do this one. I, on the other hand, am not shy at all! Unfortunately, I am in charge of teaching the basics to the A-I-Ts, so, I had to leave someone in charge of them. I left Rabbitleap in charge. I'm sure she can handle it! Anyway, I know you're just dying to know what happens next in the Rampant Realm, so, I'll shut up (which my new boyfriend, Jacob, says is really hard for me) and let the story, um, stream, I guess.


Astrid groans as Neil carries her into the main hall. The young woman strokes Astrid's cheek and silent tears run down her face. Astrid's eyes flutter open, revealing dark eyes, with a crescent ring of icy blue shining out from each iris. Marisa inhales sharply. Leo straightens. The girls crowd around Astrid, seeming to forget about Leo and Marisa. "Her eyes. What's wrong with her eyes?" Marisa whispers to Leo. Leo sighs.
"Brain damage. A little unicorn incident. Our mission is to reverse it." Leo whispers back. Marisa's eyes widen.
"But we aren't brain surgeons." Marisa reminds her. Leo laughs a little.
"I know. No surgeon could do what we can. They've tried. According to every doctor on earth, Astrid will never be the same again. She will never think and act normally unless she's around a unicorn." Leo notices Marisa's confused expression. "Unicorns heighten a hunter's sense. These girls," she motions toward the group surrounding Astrid. "are unicorn hunters. However, that doesn't mean there aren't casualties. A few months ago, they lost a hunter, Rosamund, I think, to the same unicorn that injured Astrid. Of course, that unicorn was much bigger than BoneGrinder here." she motions toward thee zhi. "That was a re'em. I think they were mentioned in the Latin translation of the Bible."  The young woman brakes away from the group and makes her way over to Leo. She stops a few feet away. She looks from Leo, to Marisa, and back again.
"Who are you two?" she asks finally.
"Friends." Leo states. "If we may, I think we might be able to help you, Philippa." The woman seems slightly surprised. "You shouldn't be surprised that I know your name, you're on the television all the time." Phil seems to relax a little.
"What do you mean by 'help me'?" she asks. Leo smiles.
"Let me show you." Leo calls. The girls all turn toward her. She raises her hand toward one of them. Her hand glows bright red, as does her necklace. Suddenly, a bolt of red lighting shoots from her hand straight at the girl. She screams as it hits her. When the bolt hits the girl, she glows bright red, and then the glow fades. The girl was wearing a cast on her arm, but when the bolt hits her, it turns to ash. The girl stares at her arm in shock. She tests it by bending and straightening it. She smiles. The girls look at Leo. Leo just smiles at the girl. "That's what we can do."

I'm gonna cut it off here! I heard a loud crash coming from the training gym. I have to go check on the
A-I-Ts! BRB! Uh-oh, TrailBlaiser's not going to be happy about this. Wes, the son of Aphrodite, got in an argument with Terrance, the son of Athena. He called Terrance a nerd, Terrance called him vain. Then Terrance smashed Wes's mirror, then Wes tore Terrance's book in half. Here at RTHQ, books are a big deal, so then Jacob smacked them both, telling them to get a hold of themselves. Now, you may be wondering where Rabbitleap was at this point. Well, when it came to hitting, she transformed into a wolf and tackled them. Unfortunately, she slid a little when pouncing and managed to take out the marble bust of Aslan. That was the loud crash I told you about earlier. I dealt with the boys. I sent Wes and Terrance to their room, and Jacob to the infirmary. Rabbitleap accidentally bit him. Rabbitleap used her powers of Earth to repair the bust, which was AWESOME, by the way! Everything is fixed, I think. Except the book. I hope that it wasn't important. I'll update this again tomorrow. Dream on!

                           -Agent Sugar Plum

4 comments:

  1. Yay, there's more magic! Or is it Magyk...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a little surprised that no one has commented yet! I figured this would have the most questions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOOOOOO!!!! I was so sure I commented!!!! But anyway what book was that? And yay magic!! Or is it Magyk... You. Must. Post. More. Soon.

      Delete
  3. Maybe it just didn't go through! :) Anyway, I'm not going to tell you how that books comes into the story, to be honest, Rabbitleap hasn't even told me yet... But there will be more magic! And BTW, when not in Septimus's Realm, it is speller normally unless somehow relating to his realm. Hope that clears up any confusion!

    ReplyDelete