Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Mission Begins...

Sapphire smiles when she sees Septimus emerge from his room the next morning. "Oh, good! You're awake!" she giggles as she hands him a plate with eggs, sliced apples, and a muffin. "I made your favorites!" she teases. Septimus's stomach growls. He takes the plate and sits at the table in the dining hall. Sapphire gives him an odd look. "What's DragonFyre?" she asks. Sep chokes on his eggs.
"What?!" he splutters. She sits on the table and swings her legs back and forth.
"You heard me. What is DragonFyre? I got the info from Sugar, who heard it from Rabbitleap, who read it Leo's old diary." Sapphire teased. Sep hangs his head.
"Why do you girls gossip so much?" he moans. Sapphire pushes him playfully.
"And that's not even the best part, apparently, TrailBlaiser has had quite a few guys in her life. There was a long list of guys on a page in the diary labeled DragonFyre. We assumed that it was code for ex-boyfriends. You might have some competition." Septimus glared at her.
"If you had any idea what was going on, you wouldn't be so perky." Septimus snaps. Sapphire hops off the table.
"No need to be so snippy. But, then again, I'd be upset too if my boyfriend cheated on me." Sapphire remarks. Septimus raises an eyebrow. "Of course, Terrance won't talk to me, so I guess there's no possibility of that if I don't even have a boyfriend." Sapphire sighs. Septimus drinks the water before him.
"Be happy you still have a chance for love. Besides, Wes would be much better for you. Terrance spends too much time in front of the mirror." Sep retorts. Sapphire shrugs. 
"If you say so." She starts to walk away, but Sep stops her. She looks at him in surprise.
"Do you want another mission?" he asks quickly. Her eyes widen.
"Heck yeah!" she squeals. "Where to?" Septimus smiles for the first time since he returned from Rampant.
"The Alpha Realm." Sep replies.
"But," Sapphire gasps, "that's forbidden!" Septimus shakes her head.
"Only without good reason." He counters. Sapphire narrowed her eyes.
"What's the reason?" she whispers. She's shaking with anticipation and fear.
"DragonFyre. We need to find her." he answers. Sapphire's jaw drops.
"DragonFyre's a person?" she gasps. Septimus nods. "Where is she?" Septimus walks over to the Realm Scanner, which is used to locate targets of missions. He enters about a dozen passwords, each nearly twelve characters long, until the scanner brings up a map. The cross-hairs focus in on each section of the map, and narrows the search each time by magnifying the picture, until it stops on a large building.  Sapphire looks terrified. "Is that what I think it is?" she whispers, horrified.
"Yes," Septimus replies solemnly, "high school."

6 comments:

  1. If I read this and I was drinking something, I would have spit it out all over the computer. Which, you know would just not be cool. High school... *snickers*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did'nt, did you? *giggles* So not cool...

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I didn't, lucky for me... Alpha Realm, now where did I hear that before...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alpha Realm was breifly mentioned in "MidWinter's Day", a post from December of 2011, I was just searching through the posts myself, actually. Amazing how time flies, huh? Even more amazing, that people still read this! I am so greatful that you do! Your possibly almost as devoted to this site as I am. Except, you probly don't spend half of Biology dreaming up new missions like I do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well actually I don't spend half of Biology dreaming up new missions, I spend half my entire day dreaming up new missions. For the Mystique, of course. But some of that time will always be devoted to wondering what's gonna happen next here.

    ReplyDelete