Friday, February 17, 2012

Long Lost Lovers

Hey! This is Sugar! I hope you've all waited for my next post with anticipation! Because this is going to be good! Remember that book I told you about last time? You will not believe this! That book was TrailBlaiser's Mission Journal! How Wes got a hold of it, I'll never know, but it's so cool! It has all these interesting things about the RTHQ that I have never heard of! For instance, if we are ever in a life-threatening situation, a telepathic link will open directly to the RT that is currently in charge of the RTHQ. Normally, that would be TrailBlaiser, but right now it's been delegated to RiverFlyte. Now, if you think that's cool, check this out, if we ever use any magic in a Realm and if backfires, we have an automatic fail-safe. I'm not quite sure what that means, but I don't think it's ever happened. There's also this thing at the bottom of the page that reads, "see RTD, and Project Lion." I've never heard of either of those before. I looked through the journal, and the only entries for RTD are: "Unlikely" and "Note to self: come up with back-up plan." I also looked up Project Lion, and all that's there is a recipe for some pastries called "Golden Lion" and a name, DragonFyre. No idea what that's about! But, whatever, that stuff's boring, so, story time!

Neil grabs the girl's arm and examines it. Marisa stares at Leo in awe. Suddenly, Astrid stirs. Her wounds are still fresh, so she slowly makes her way over to her friends. Astrid looks at her friend's healed arm, then at Leo. "Can you fix me, then?" Astrid asks, her voice hoarse. Leo walks toward Astrid, then stops a few feet away. Marisa is behind her the entire time. 
"I think so." Leo replies confidently.
An hour later, the girls are crowding around Leo and Astrid as Leo assesses the damage. Leo sighs. "Just as I thought." she concludes. Marisa watches over her Leo's shoulder.
"What?" she asks. Leo shakes her head. 
"The amount of magic needed to fix her would make her unstable." Leo sighs. 
"So, why not heal me a bit at a time, so I'll have time to soak it up?" Astid chimes in.  Leo shakes her head again.
"I'm afraid it doesn't work that way. However, it can be done as long as the magic is locked within twenty-four hours." Leo states. Astird stares at her blankly. "To lock the magic, you need a kiss. True love's kiss." The girl's exchange incledulous looks. "Yes, I know, but that's just how it works. Without the magic locked after twenty-four hours, well," Leo gulps, "you die."
"No." Neil states. Astrid turns to face him. "I will not let you risk your life." Astrid's jaw drops.
"Risk my life? RISK MY LIFE?! We risk our lives each time we step out of these doors! We could be gored by an alicorn at any moment! Or have you forgotten?" Neil stiffens.
"Asteroid, you've made so much progress on your own..." Phil starts. Astrid glares at her.
"I don't care. No matter how much 'progress' I'll make, I will always be only half of who I was." Astrid turns back to Leo. "Where is my 'true love'? I want this. I don't care about the risk." Leo nods and raises her hand toward the sky. It glows red, and shoots a beam of light into the heavens.
"I'm trying to locate him." Leo grunts. The beam falters, then dissipates. "New York." she says finally. She looks Astrid in the eyes. "It's... Giovanni."

Wow. Intense! For those of you who don't know, (but really should because TrailBlaiser told you to read the books) Giovanni is Astrid's ex-boyfriend. Well, they never really broke up, because at the time, she was suffering brain damage, and was previously in a coma. I don't know, depends on who you ask. I'm just glad it wasn't Brandt! (Again, if you don't know, YOU SHOULD HAVE READ THE BOOKS!!!!!) Anyway, I cannot wait for TrailBlaiser to come back! I have so many things to ask her! Like, who Hunter O. is and why there are hearts surrounding his name. Yeah, she wrote that in her journal. Along with Micheal M., Blake A., John M., Brent G., Jackson S. and Chase A. Maybe RiverFlyte wasn't the first! They all have hearts around their names! But, they're all in a section of the journal labled, "DragonFyre". Maybe that's code for ex-boyfriends! Only time will tell! Dream on!

             -Agent SugarPlum 

3 comments:

  1. Sorry I haven't posted lately! Overload of homework! Guess it's my fault for doing Pre-AP! I've also been baking to raise money for the choral department and now I have to make a model plant cell for Biology. If I don't post for a few days, just assume it's homework. 99.99999% of the time, it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!!! Well the homework at least. I have to get twice the math homework and it isn't pretty. But *gasp* true love! Yes, I admit it, I'm a romance person at heart. I don't mind action though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I never thought of this before but... Realm Traveler DragonFyre! Or Realm Traveler Diesease. Or... oh gotta go bye!!!

    ReplyDelete