Sunday, December 9, 2012

TrailBlaiser Goes Off!

Persia steps through the portal last, her eyes red from tears. "How... could you?" she chokes out. Owlcry opens his mouth, but no words come out. "How could YOU?!" TrailBlaiser comes running into the main hall, skidding on the floor.
"Whoa, whoa, whoa, what happened?" she gasps. Persia starts crying again.
"This, demon guy showed me a video of him and her k- kissing!" she sobs. TrailBlaiser triesto process this
"So? Villains are like that. I'm sure it was a fake. He wouldn't cheat." TrailBlaiser reassures her.
"Except... it wasn't fake..." Sapphire whispers. TrailBlaiser looks from Sapphire to Owlcry, highly confused. "But, he didn't kiss me. I kissed him. He didn't kiss me back either." TrailBlaiser glares harshly at Sapphire.
"What. Were. You. THINKING?!" TrailBlaiser roars. Sapphire cowers back.
"It's my fault." Owlcry interjects. "I- I must have made her think that I liked her. I told her that I cared about her, but only as a friend. I don't hate you, Sapphire. I spent most of that time spent in the realm yelling and dissing you, I just wanted to make up for it. You just took it too far." The room is silent for moment.
"So, you gave me up?" comes a voice from behind Sapphire. "Just like that? Trade me up for my realm brother?!" Doveslash's anger boils hotter than anyone's. "After I risked my neck to save you from being captured by the Capitol, you forget me in an instant?!" Sapphire falls onto the ground. 
"I- I-" she looks about frantically trying to come up with something to say, and her gaze finally rests on TrailBlaiser. "Artifact overload!" she screeches. The agents (and Persia) stare at her blankly. "The evil force corrupted my artifact to the point where it started messing with my thought process. It happened to you!" She points to her former mentor, who straightens and grinds her jaw.
"My overload happened over a series of months. I came in direct contact with a chunk of Night Crystal. A demon encounter, maybe. But it would not affect you right away. Agents still maintain a sense of normalcy for at least a week before experiencing symptoms. Unless, of course, you're saying that you came in contact with great evil before you entered the Legend of Zelda Realm. Which is extremely unlikely. Knowing you, however, you're just looking for something else to pin it on, aren't you?!" TrailBlaiser's voice grows in intensity. "Grow up, Sapphire! You are the most immature agent I've ever trained! To think that-" she cuts herself off again. Taking a deep breath, she gathers her thoughts again. Sapphire's face is covered with tears. "Once my Challenge is over and this Prophecy is fulfilled, then I might be able to give you the extra training you desperately need. For now, no missions. Until you grow up and take on your own responsibilities for your actions, you are on probation as my agent. Is that clear?!" Sapphire nods slowly, tears streaming down her face in waves. She turns to the boys. "As for you two, I don't care what your jealousy problems are. RTHQ is an agency, not a gossip magazine. Go bother RiverFlyte with it for all I care. Owlcry," his face pales as she addresses him specifically. "you did well. You used your knowledge to your advantage. Albeit your interpersonal skills need help, but your agent powers are well honed." She dismisses the agents, leaving Persia and her alone. "This is what working for me is like. Still want to be an agent?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment