Monday, December 10, 2012

Skyfeather

At dinner that night, the agents gather around the table. Persia gasps at the sight of hoards of exotic and expensive food being brought into the room by silver trays, carried by red magic. Duck and turkey sit in the middle, while sauteed vegetables surround the rest. TrailBlaiser stands and claps her hands twice. Every agent stops talking immediately and gives her their attention. "Tonight," she announces, "I propose a toast to a new agent. While thought as a nuisance, she presented herself to be rather admirable in her retrieval of two of my agents from an unknown realm. Persia," She motions for the young girl to stand, which she complies to. Hr heart beats quickly. 
"This is it..." Persia breathes. Sapphire, Owlcry, and Doveslash smile at her, giving her encouragement.
"From this day forth, I give you status as an agent in training here, at RTHQ. When you are within our walls, no longer will you be known as Persia. You shall be called, until the day you graduate as a full agent, A-I-T Skyfeather." The agents erupt into thunderous applause. TrailBlaiser sits again at the table. RiverFlyte whispers something in her ear. No one notices the leader as the agents welcome Skyfeather into their ranks. Owlcry, who is sitting beside her, stands and envelops her into his arms.
"Congrats, Skyfeather." he breathes. She hugs him back, a huge smile on her face. 
"Skyfeather, huh? I like it!" 

After dinner, TrailBlaiser stops Skyfeather on her way to her room. "Persia- er, I mean, Skyfeather, may I have a word with you?" Skyfeather skips over to TrailBlaiser.
"Sure, boss!" she beams. TrailBlaiser rubs her neck nervously.
"About that. Technically, aren't you already enrolled in your own program?" she asks. "I want to have you as a dual student. You are to receive training here under the authority of Rabbitleap. However, I also want you continue your studies in Questica and Mystika. Maybe you can spread this message to your home. We don't know much about Questica, and, to be honest, making you an A-I-T was more of a diplomatic move than anything else. I hope that, in your employment here, we come to know more about your home." Skyfeather yawns and waves her away.
"Yeah, yeah, diplomacy, training, negotiations, blah blah blah. All I need to know is, do I get my own room here?" Skyfeather cuts in. TrailBlaiser grinds her jaw in annoyance.
"We don't have the room as of now. That's why most of our agents are in their respective home realms. Just be happy you have an agent name, and don't push it."

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, I've been off the Internet for soooo long. Finally, after all the nagging, Persia finally gets an agent name :) Of course, now that she has an agent name, she'll want a room too...
    It's like that 'When You Give A Mouse A Cookie' book

    ReplyDelete