Sunday, July 8, 2012

Swiftwind's Dream

Swiftwind smiles at the love of her life. She runs up and jumps into his arms. "Oh my love, you are my whole world!" she sighs. He kisses her softly.
"And you are mine, my love." he whispers. She runs her fingers through his hair, safe in his arms. Suddenly, the sky changes. What was once blue is now black and rumbling with the sound of a thousand thunder rolls. Swiftwind looks into her lovers eyes, only to see him no longer there. 
"My love! My love! Where are you?!" she cries. She rushes around madly, desperately searching for the one she knows isn't there anymore. At last, she sees him, his hand over the shoulder of a weeping comrade. She runs to where he is and calls out to him. He looks at her with sad eyes. "My love, what has happened?" He holds her closely.
"Not everyone can be as lucky as I." he replies. She glances down at a figure upon the grass. A warrior weeps over the body of a lovely young woman. Though she has never seen the warrior, she knows in her heart that he is her friend, and the woman was his love. She breaks away from her lover's arms and kneels before the woman also. 
"I would give everything I have to bring her back." she whispers to the warrior. A bright flash envelopes her, blinding everyone around. 

Swiftwind wakes up, screaming. She catches her breath, slowly trying to make sense of what just happened. The familiar scents of the RiverClan camp calm her. She glances down at her paws, silver and furry, as she sheathes and unsheathes her claws. "It was only a dream." she tells herself. "You aren't even at RTHQ, your dreams are from StarClan when you are in your home realm. Why are you dreaming as a two-leg? A human? You are a RiverClan cat. A cat." She shakes the dream out of her head and laps water at a small puddle beside her. "Perhaps some hunting will do you good." She pads silently to the riverbank, where she waits and stares at the dark water. A silver streak flashes through the water, but not quite quick enough to avoid her waiting claws. She quietly thanks StarClan for her kill. An odd scent washes over her. A strange cat wanders over to her, with a pelt of orange and brown. Swiftwind tilts her head at the intruder. "If I didn't know any better," she ponders, "I'd say you were a pure-bred Abyssinian." The intruder nods.
"Very good, Agent Swiftwind. So you didn't space out when we watch Animal Planet." she intruder meows. Swiftwind sighs.
"I should have known it was you. Your scent is so obvious. What do you want, Rabbitleap?" she sighs. Rabbitleap purrs.
"Well, first, I find it quite odd being on the other end of the domestic spectrum. Much different from being a canine. Second, I bring a message from TrailBlaiser." Swiftwind's ears perk up. "A mission. To the Avengers realm. With the special orders of getting close to Captain America." Swiftwind purrs loudly. "And you get a special power, too: healing." 
"Sweet!" Swiftwind mews. "When do I start?" A shimmering portal opens beside them. 
"Now." Tingling with anticipation and excitement, Swiftwind leaps through.

3 comments:

  1. Wondering who the love of her life is... And why the dream seemed so ominous... And why dream and seemed sort of rhyme...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to say the same for myself, but they're actually really weird

    ReplyDelete