Thursday, July 26, 2012

Kitty Can't Swim

Rogers watches as Swiftwind displays her powers to the other Avengers. "Incredible." Thor exclaims as she twists the water about.
"You mean no one in Asgard can do this?" she asks. Thor shakes his head. "Speaking of which." She lets the water fall into the Olympic-sized pool. "Your theory on realms. How there are nine of them and what-not? You weren't wrong. Completely." Everyone stares at her in puzzlement. "What you call realms, we call sub-realms. While we're impressed that your people posses the ability to travel through these with ease, it's rather primitive when compared to the power I wield. For instance, you need a gate-keeper to travel, and can only travel at certain points where the magical bond is strongest. Whereas we can open a portal anywhere and anyone can learn to do it."  She back-handsprings over to him and flutters her eyelashes. Hawkeye sneaks up behind her and pushes her into the pool. She cries out in terror as she plunges headfirst into the water. She flails about wildly while everyone laughs. Rogers, however, notices that she isn't just being dramatic and dives in after her. He takes hold of her from the waist and pulls her back up as she gasps for air. Black Widow hands her a towel, which she wraps around herself. "Not funny!" Stark gives her an odd look.
"You're powers are water based, but you can't swim?" he asks. Swiftwind glares at him. 
She hisses loudly at him. Stark shrinks back a little.
"Aren't you from, what was it, Riverclan? Don't you swim there?" Rogers asks. 
"Yeah. I can swim as a cat, not as a human. Ironic, isn't it?"  
"A little, but I was frozen in ice for a few decades. Who am I to judge?" he replies.


Sorry this post is so short. I've been really busy working on my other story on Figment. I really hope you can check it out! Here's the link: http://figment.com/books/392782-Prayer-Phone 

5 comments:

  1. o.O Just read your story Prayer Phone. It's- gahh, I don't know how to describe it. Let's just say it's like infinity times awesome. Is it going to turn into a love hate romantic cliche kind of thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soooo glad you like it! I was afraid the writing style was bad! And as for the plot, you'll just have to read it and find out!

      Delete
  2. Honestly, I was kind of surprised when I read it. You know, because over there it's all realistic, but here it's clearly fantasy? But it was a good kind of surprise :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Smiley-face! I think I updated it with another chapter... maybe. Not sure how it works yet. :P

      Delete
  3. I have a preview of the manga up at peppermint-star.blogspot.com if you want to see it.

    ReplyDelete