Wednesday, July 11, 2012

H2O

Rogers walks with Swiftwind down a corridor to the infirmary. "How old are you?" he asks. Swiftwind shrugs.
"I don't know. I'm a young warrior, but not quite young enough to be mistaken for an apprentice. Let me think. My naming ceremony was held shortly after I led my fellow apprentice's to victory in a battle against WindClan. So, that was last leaf-bare, sorry, winter, and I became an apprentice at the beginning of leaf-fall. About twenty-one in human years, why?" Rogers blushes.
"Uh, no reason." he stutters. Swiftwind disregards him. She opens the doors to the infirmary. "Show me what you can do." Swiftwind stands over a severely wounded soldier. She puts her hand over the large gash in his leg. A bright flash of white light bursts for a moment, leaving the soldier completely healed. All the doctors stare in awe at her, while she stares in puzzlement at the soldier. Rogers notices her expression. "What's wrong? That was incredible!" She shakes her head.
"That's just it, it wasn't incredible. Not to me. All the Realm Travelers can do that. My power was supposed to be more than that." She takes a sparkly communicator out of her pocket. "This is Swiftwind, calling RTHQ. Come in RTHQ. Over." A bit of static crackles on the other end.
"You've got Sugar Plum, what up girl?" Swiftwind smiles apologetically at Rogers.
"Sugar, who put you in charge, ugh, never mind, may i speak with TrailBlaiser?" More static.
"This is TrailBlaiser." comes the reply.
"You assigned me powers of healing. How do I activate them in this realm?" Swiftwind asks.
"Katara style. TrailBlaiser out!" Swiftwind places the communicator away. Rogers watches her in silence.
"What does 'Katara style' mean?" he asks. She finds a glass of water and dips her hand in.
"Well it's supposed to be..." she trails off and moves her hands different ways. Her eyes widen as the water stirs while her hand is out of the glass. She moves her hand up, and the water forms a ball and sdoes the same. "Please, 'Katara style'? This is H2O mermaid style!" She plays with the water, shaping her hands different ways to change the state the water is in. "I wonder.." She places her hand back into the glass, with the water now returned to it. This time, she folds her ring finger and pinky halfway. The water glows silver. "Oh yeah. Now we're talking."

8 comments:

  1. You watched H2O, too!? My friends have been obsessing over the show for such a long time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally thought you wouldn't get the reference! So gonna do a mission there! The world must know what happened to Emma!

      Delete
  2. Okay, so you don't have to do this, but...
    Would you mind doing a collaboration with me?!?! Like, you would write the story and I would do the manga? The story doesn't need to be super long or anything, actually a short simple one would be good. I've seen other people do this kind of thing, and it sounded really cool, so...
    Like I said, you don't have to if you don't want to. It would mean a lot to me if you said yes, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! I'd absolutely love that! What do you want me to write about?

      Delete
  3. Well... Nothing too dark/ depressing/ horror-like. And not too many boy characters... That's it I think. So, I'm up for anything else! Again, thank you sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, I do have an idea. I was working on it all weekend long while paddling a canoe 27 miles. Maximum Ride spin-off?

      Delete
  4. Well, I have been working on my wings ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cool! If you give me your e-mail I'll send you a list of characters and plot sketch for you to approve.

      Delete