Sunday, October 14, 2012

Too Much At Once...

Sugar stumbles back into the room as Sapphire fixes her clothes. They lock eyes for a moment, Sapphire curious and Sugar terrified. "Hi." Sapphire says finally.
"Hi." Sugar squeaks back. She clears her throat. "So, um, you've got that mission today." Sapphire shrugs.
"Yeah. Hunger Games." Sugar nods.
"Yeah..." An awkward silence fills the room. 
"Jasmine, what's up with you?" Sapphire asks, using Sugar's real name. She seems startled.
"What are you talking about, Marissa?" she stumbles. Sapphire watches her carefully, as Sugar moves over to the vanity and starts rushing her hair.
"The secrets? The way you don't talk to me anymore? The way you and Kopa always hang out? The fact that you just got sick and are acting like a criminal? Spill, what's up with you?" Sugar and Sapphire lock gazes again.
"Promise you won't hate me if I tell?" Sapphire crosses over to her and hugs her.
"I can't hate you, you're my best friend." she sighs.
"Marissa, I'm pregnant." The floor seems to drop out from under their feet.
"You- you're... pregnant? But Jasmine, you're not married!" she exclaims. Sugar sighs.
"The world's not always perfect." she explains. She gets up and hugs her friend. "Is me telling you that going to mess up your focus on the mission?" Sapphire shakes her head.
"No, I'm glad you told me. It definitely explains a lot." Sugar smiles at her best friend. 
"Good. Now, you should hurry up then. Being late for your first mission isn't proper." Sapphire nods and rushes out of the room. Upon arriving at the Main Hall, TrailBlaiser's there,waiting in her usual jeans and flowing top. She smiles broadly and opens a portal. Sapphire looks up at her former mentor with glee.
"I know you'll make my proud." TrailBlaiser says. Sapphire nods, and steps through the portal.

The bright colors of the Capitol overwhelm Sapphire as the portal closes behind her. She takes out the cross necklace artifact and uses it to change her clothes so she can blend in. She looks down at herself and nearly vomits from disgust. She's dressed in a bubblegum pink sundress with lime green and electric blue zebra print, five-inch highlighter green heels and her blonde hair is dyed lemon-yellow with a pink bow holding it back. She sways a bit in the heels, but eventually regains her balance. "Okay Marissa, you can do this." She takes a step forward and nearly falls over. A Capitol boy, surprisingly dressed relatively normal, catches her and smiles, flashing gorgeous white teeth. 
"You okay?" he asks. Her mouth opens and closes, but no words come out. He lifts her up onto her feet and  steadies her. "You ought to be more careful. If you attract attention, TrailBlaiser will call you out." She snaps back to reality from her daydream about what he looks like without a shirt and stops cold. 
"T-TrailBlaiser?" she stutters. The boy smirks.
"Didn't expect to see me here, huh? And by the look on your face, I'd say my disguise works pretty well." He kisses her. With a jolt, she recognizes him.
"Terrance!" she exclaims.

Sorry I didn't post for a while, I was down at Auburn University visiting my older brother. Yep, now I remember why I don't miss him. :P

2 comments:

  1. I seriously thought I commented on this already... Oh well...
    Rue and I were obsessing over this post when it was first put up. I was so right...
    Lucky me, I'm an only child :)

    ReplyDelete